Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Idol eyes

Second week of American Idol semi-finals and my opinions are generally the same.

For me, this week's standouts were Bo and Mikalah (what a difference a week made with her). But the boys are still generally boring (despite best efforts by the producers to brainwash the audience into believing they're not) and the girls made a lot of bad song selections (it was a mistake for Vonzell and Aloha to take on recent hits by Alicia Keys and Carrie made an inane attempt at Janis Joplin).

I think Janay, Lindsey, David and Joseph will exit but I'm hopeful that Amanda, Celena, Anthony and Constantine all go home soon too. Of my favorites I think only Scott could be in trouble.

One good thing: the results show is cut down to a half hour starting this week which means less annoying filler from Seacrest (and presumably less exploitation of losing contestants).

No comments: