Sunday, April 10, 2005

It's not too late

Tonight is the last chance to see the big 24 episode I mentioned earlier this week. If you've caught any of the show this season and haven't been watching lately, now's probably a good time to get back in. Otherwise, as usual, the whole season is sure to be available on DVD in a few months.

I didn't actually catch the episode until the weekend but even with big expectations (and a pretty good idea of what they were going to do storywise) it still floored me. I'd go so far as to call it the best episode since the legendary first season finale.

Much of the episode was tense and tight, classic 24. But it always seems like the series' best episodes come when Jack Bauer's weekly race against the clock fails. The bigger the stakes, the better the episode.

As for what this means for the season overall I've learned it's best to reserve final judgment until the day comes to a close.

No comments: