Friday, April 08, 2005

And it's not even sweeps yet!

I can't go without mentioning Lost this week, which reinforced its status as the best show on network television. Although the episode's ultimate outcome had been spoiled for me (never wait a day to watch something like that), I was able to appreciate the episode for the well earned tragedy it was. And again another remarkable showcase for the incredible ensemble.

They've been promising all season that one of the castaways would be killed off. I had selfishly hoped it would be someone else, someone who is popular with audiences but who I wouldn't mind losing (Charlie or Hurley) or someone whose death would turn the show on its ear (Jack or Locke) or the one character I just can't stand (Sawyer).

But I think the producers made the right choice. By killing off a character who had yet to reach his full potential the death had an undeniable dramatic impact, and the shockwaves are going to be killer.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Quite effective info, thank you for this post.
his site | get it | have a look