Wednesday, May 03, 2006

That's all folks

So I'm finished with Idol for the season. At least when it comes to writing about it here. I may be finished with watching it too, although I probably will at least sample the performances over the next three weeks. It's not like I didn't expect Paris to be booted this week but now that it actually happened I'm left without a compelling reason to watch.

The show usually sucks me in week after week because I'm curious to see what songs will be selected, who will be good, who will be bad and who ends up going home. But I've also always had a rooting interest in at least one (usually more than one) contestant. (Potentially embarrassing confession: I've voted for all four winners from previous seasons.)

I expect (and frankly hope for) Chris to win. I kinda think Taylor will be with him at the end, but it may be Katharine and either way I don't care. The "best" contestant left, in my opinion, is Elliott but he just doesn't have the all around package that makes for a deserving winner.

The good news is I really expect all of the top five to release albums. I think they're all serious enough, they all have enough fans, and the series-best ratings will help them. Of course if that does happen I only have plans to buy one of them.

It's just too bad that Idol's most watched season has been powered by its least interesting talent yet.

No comments: