Thursday, February 24, 2005

That's more like it

Finally, Lost gives me what I want to see. (No spoilers ahead.)

After two weeks of underwhelming episodes (last week's Sawyer-centric episode was especially awful) the show returns to top form with what I thought was one of its best episodes yet. I've been waiting for an episode centered around Jin for awhile now and they didn't disappoint in the delivery. The episode also perfectly integrated the show's entire near-flawless ensemble. Everyone (except for Claire) had at least one moment to stand out. Although Terry O'Quinn's Locke has become a cliche since his full backstory was revealed in the third episode I think he's now the most valuable cliche on the island. Just like in previous J.J. Abrams shows at their peak form Lost is getting considerable mileage out of the development of unexpected relationships.

In a way I don't ever want the island's mysteries to be solved. I just want more exceptional drama like I saw last night.

No comments: