Saturday, June 30, 2007

Long time, no post

I've been busy, busy, busy but I'll try to keep updating on occasion (I try to keep the sidebars fresh, if nothing else, but I need to update with some summer music including White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age, Mandy Moore and Rihanna).

A Top Ten TV list is a strong possibility sometime soon, hopefully before Emmy nominations.

But the most important thing right now is that there are a lot of good movies out there.

Starting with one of the best in some time: Ratatouille.

This week also brings one of Michael Moore's best efforts, Sicko, and a surprisingly satisfying sequel, Live Free or Die Hard.

Knocked Up is the only big movie so far this summer to display real box office staying power, and understandably so (although I suspect Ratatouille will change that).

A Mighty Heart, may be a mighty tough sell, especially in summer, but it's still worth seeing.

I still haven't caught up with Once, but Waitress, Away From Her and Paris je t'aime continue their deservedly charmed box office runs and Lady Chatterley is just starting out.

Even Transformers isn't horrible. A major success by Michael Bay standards.

I've been less impressed the past two months by (in descending order):
Ocean's Thirteen
La Vie en Rose
Broken English
Shrek the Third
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
1408
Nancy Drew
Bug
Evan Almighty

No comments: