Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where I've Been...

It's been quite awhile since I posted here (my longest break ever in fact, I never went more than a month without posting before) but I've been keeping busy.

My new job has meant a lot of writing and a lot of editing and it's been a great experience so far. But I don't want this blog to die out and hopefully I'll be able to keep it up on a more regular basis now that I've settled into the new job somewhat.

First up I'll just share links to what I've been doing over there, with other "normal" posts to follow.

The biggest project I've done so far is this Fall Movie Guide, which I'm pretty happy with. I wrote just about everything you'll see on the pages, selected all the art and built the pages. It was massive but it was fun. (My colleague helped with the related photo gallery, and did a great job.)

I've written film reviews for:
World Trade Center
Quinceañera
Idlewild
The Descent
Crank
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
The King
Crossover

And I've also done this Q&A with Crank star Jason Statham and a review for Spike Lee's HBO documentary When the Levees Broke.

I'll supply links on a regular basis here, since some of this might be the kind of stuff I would've done on the blog anyway (though a little more formal, not as "bloggy"). But I'll try not to let this replace regular blogging, since I have fun with that too.

I'd like to revisit my pre-season picks for the summer movie season that was and do my own picks for fall, which will differ quite a bit from what I did for Metromix. But that will come soon.

1 comment:

Larry McGillicuddy said...

Nice to see you back!

I really liked the reviews and the fall preview was excellent.

I just might have to finally update my blog.